Owing to the continued growth of BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation, we are now recruiting new Editorial Board Members to join our international community of experts.
We encourage applications from researchers with a sports science background in a range of subject areas, broadly covered by the below:
- Diet and nutrition
- Exercise and health
- Exercise physiology
- Surgery, traumatology and rehabilitation
- Training, injury prevention and biomechanics
BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation scope and ethos
BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation is an open access, peer reviewed journal that considers articles on all aspects of sports medicine and the exercise sciences, including rehabilitation, traumatology, cardiology, physiology, and nutrition.
We do not make editorial decisions on the basis of the interest of a study or its likely impact. Studies must be scientifically valid; for research articles this includes a scientifically sound research question, the use of suitable methods and analysis, and following community-agreed standards relevant to the research field.
BMC series - open, inclusive and trusted.
We are interested in individuals who are committed to open access, data sharing and innovation in scientific publishing.
Suitable candidates should:
- have a minimum of fifteen (15) research papers published in reputable, English language, peer-reviewed journals;
- be frequently listed as corresponding author (first or last author) during the last five years;
- have demonstrable expertise that fits within the scope and the need of the journal.
Suitable Editorial Board Members for BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation also must:
- support the journal’s ethos, scope, editorial standards, and policies, and be a committed advocate who will represent BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation within the scientific community;
- provide a professional and supportive service to our authors and ensure that manuscripts they are responsible for fulfil the requirements of the Journal and are handled efficiently and appropriately through peer review.
Role and responsibilities
An Editorial Board Member is primarily responsible for assessing manuscripts for their suitability for peer review, selecting suitable reviewers who meet the Journal’s requirements and recommending decisions on the basis of the peer reviewers’ reports and their own assessment while adhering to the Journal’s editorial policies.
An Editorial Board Members for BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation should be engaged and willing to handle a minimum of twelve (12) manuscripts per year across a range of disciplines within their broader field of expertise.
Our Editorial Board Members will receive training, and our in-house editorial team will also provide administrative support. The Editorial Board Members will report to the Editor.
If you are interested in becoming an Editorial Board Member for BMC Sports Science, Medicine and Rehabilitation and meet the criteria above, please click here to submit your application. We look forward to hearing from you.